Saturday, January 20, 2007

Whirlyball 1-20-2007


Tonight, while Grandma Carol & Poppa Dave watched Zoe (or maybe she watched them, sometimes it can be hard to tell), Tony & I played whiryball with a group organized by Lew (past events have included bowling & putt-putt). This event was slightly more physical. At point, I ran into wall going about 50 mph (okay, maybe it was more like 20 mph, but the guy running the place asked if I was okay). He then proceeded to remove the car I had been using from the court because it was too fast!! My hips are both raw and bruised from the seatbeat, but I'll live. Unfortunately, my team (the red team) did not do so well and only won 1 game - and finished in the bottom spot in the tournament (yes, there was a tournament - remember it was organized by Lew).


This is a video of Nancy running into the wall (not nearly as fast as I did though).
Anyway, it was lots of fun & there was much discussion about what the next event should be.

No comments: