Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Daughter - what daughter? 4-17-2007

This evening, I had a sudden craving for peaunt butter bars - like the ones we used to have in elementary school. (Please do not read anything into the use of the word craving.) I went online looking for a recipe that I had used in the past. I found the recipe & discovered that we had about 1 teaspoon of creamy peanut butter (not quite the cup and a half the recipe called for). Well, we did have an almost full just of crunchy I could use. I start working on the recipe & discover it requires an egg (something we also don't have - we borrowed 3 eggs last night from our neighbor Susan). Next plan, I lovingly asked my husband to go get a mix for them at the store (& some eggs & peanut butter while he's there - can you tell I was on vacation last week & did no grocery shopping?). Anyway, Tony is not too receptive to this plan, so I decide to go myself. As I am getting my shoes, Tony says that he will go. But, no that's okay, I will go. He then asks if I want him to come with me. I laugh and say "Yeah, right!". He says, defensively, "I said I would go or come with you!!" To which, I reply, "What about your daughter upstairs asleep?" He says, "Oh yeah, I forget about her." Hmmm....guess his plan of us both going isn't going to work. Needless to say, I went by myself, procured the peanut butter bars and am now waiting for them chill. As for Tony, I am not sure how he could forget about Zoe since he spent half of his evening in the bathroom with her sitting on the potty, but not actually going potty.

No comments: