This is the question Tony asked last Friday while "cleaning" the main stairs in our house. He was hosting poker that night & I was sick & tired (from being up with Nate the whole night before - because he was sick too), so it was up to him to make the house *poker worthy clean* - a relatively low standard for cleanliness. Anyway, I again asked myself this same question this week as I was cleaning the stairs that lead to our basement. They are by far the dirtiest part of our house (truly, even under the fridge is cleaner). They only get cleaned a few times a year & as a result the cleaning takes a significant amount of time due to the buildup of sawdust, drywall dust, cat fur, cat food & just plain old dirt that collects here. So, to all who have noticed my dirty steps - notice my now clean ones. They are sure not to last...2 kids, 2 cats & a basement still being finished are sure to messy them shortly. I will enjoy them while I can.The stories of Tony, Trica, Zoe, Nate & Alli and how we are living happily ever after - most of the time.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
"Why did we get rid of our housekeeper?"
This is the question Tony asked last Friday while "cleaning" the main stairs in our house. He was hosting poker that night & I was sick & tired (from being up with Nate the whole night before - because he was sick too), so it was up to him to make the house *poker worthy clean* - a relatively low standard for cleanliness. Anyway, I again asked myself this same question this week as I was cleaning the stairs that lead to our basement. They are by far the dirtiest part of our house (truly, even under the fridge is cleaner). They only get cleaned a few times a year & as a result the cleaning takes a significant amount of time due to the buildup of sawdust, drywall dust, cat fur, cat food & just plain old dirt that collects here. So, to all who have noticed my dirty steps - notice my now clean ones. They are sure not to last...2 kids, 2 cats & a basement still being finished are sure to messy them shortly. I will enjoy them while I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment